Thank you all so much for helping us make this a reality.
Massachusetts has passed a bill to license Naturopathic Doctors.
What this means:
- Some time in September (or later) naturopaths will be elligible to apply for a license in Massachusetts.
- Some time after this I will be licensed there.
What this doesn’t mean:
- I will not be changing my Vermont Primary care practice at all.
- No where in the bill do they mention insurance coverage.
- I will still not be able to be a primary care physician in Massachusetts.
- There is no provision in the bill for prescribing rights in Massachusetts.
- Naturopaths cannot do acupuncture under this bill (unless they are licensed acupuncturists already)
- If you are a holistic practitioner in Massachusetts who is not a licensable Naturopath this bill will in no way impact your legal status at all (although you may be asked not to use the term Naturopath as it will have a legal definition in the state).